Publishing Industry / Editing Summary
- Wrote and published books in CBA market, and magazine articles since 2003.
- Published curriculum workbook via traditional trade publishing.
- Former Contributing Editor for West Michigan Christian News.
- Regularly read, edit, and critique writers’ work for publishing / submission.
- Provide book editing and book proposal services for multiple clients.
- Published in 5 nationally published works, including Zondervan’s Hope in the Mourning Devotional Bible. (complete list here)
- Built and managed social media platforms for a national client base.
- Created Platform Advanced Blogging Class to mentor writers on social media and online platforms.
- Created Tribal Book Launch Campaign to coach writers to marketing books online, resulting in clients books releasing in top seller status on Amazon.
- Created the Book Proposal Studio, a popular advanced writing conference session.
Leadership / Teaching Summary
- English Composition Professor at Cornerstone University, 2012-2014
- Trained, equipped and empowered students and staff.
- Promoted qualified staff into successful management careers.
- Completed leadership training with CLASS (Christian Leaders and Speakers Services), Meijer, Inc., and Trinity Church, Lansing, MI.
- Founded and led Michigan’s largest regional Christian writers’ group, Word Weavers West Michigan.
- Designed and sponsored student’s summer internship in Convergent Journalism program for Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Wrote curriculum for, and taught church classes on personality profiles, spiritual gifts, prayer, cults and personal discipleship.
- Mentored writers regarding social media tools, platform building and writing skills.
21st Century Work Experience: Freelance Writer
- Wrote and published over 900 informational articles for eHow.com.
- Wrote website content for selected web designers, and author sites.
- Published in numerous non-fiction compilation books, e-journals for writers, and devotional magazines.
- Founder and former president of Word Weavers of West Michigan, a community of freelance, professional, novice and part-time Christian writers.
- Wrote and published group bible study, Forged in the Fire – Shaped by the Master, in 2004 with Hensley Publishers.
Affiliations / Positions / Achievements
|8 / 2012 – 12 / 2014||Adjunct Faculty, Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids, MI|
|9 / 2012 – 2014||National Mentor, Christian writers’ groups, Word Weavers Inc.|
|9 / 2009 – 2014||Staff member, Maranatha Christian Writers’ Conference|
|12 / 2010 – 2013||Contributing Editor, weekly columnist, and writer pool coordinator; West Michigan Christian News|
|1 / 2009 – 12 / 2013||Founder and President; Word Weavers West Michigan|
|10 / 2008 – 12/ 2009||Monthly columnist; Dream Builders – Ministry in Motion
|9 / 2008 – Present:||Conference Speaker; Professional Christian writers’ conferences, and WordCamp GR Social Media / Marketing conference|
|9 / 2005:||Graduate; CLASS Christian Leaders and Speaker Services|